On the hunt for the best romantic things to do in Miami for couples? If you’re looking for truly unique date ideas in Miami, I’ve got you covered. Whether you are planning the perfect day out for a sports lover or a laid-back beach bum, there is truly something for everyone in The Magic City.
So, Casanova, forget about hitting up the same old restaurant or scrolling through Netflix again. Here are the bucket list-worthy romantic things to do in Miami that will know the socks off anyone.
Ready to pull out cupid’s arrow? Here are the very best romantic things to do in Miami for couples.
Please keep in mind these details are subject to change. Due to COVID-19, social distancing and face coverings may be required. Be sure to check local health officials’ safety regulations and each establishment’s website for updated information before making final plans.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Please read my full disclosure policy for more information.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Date Ideas & Romantic Things to Do in Miami
Luxury Date Ideas in Miami
Looking for something special to do with that someone who stole your heart? Make their heart skip a beat with these romantic Miami experiences.
1. Hot Air Balloon Ride: Hello, romance! There is nothing like hopping in a little basket and being taken on the ride of a lifetime. For a dream day out, leave Balloon Over Miami in charge of your date. You can thank me later.
2. Private Scenic Flight Over Miami: Want to take your relationship to the next level? Hop on a picturesque private plane tour above South Florida’s coastline. Arrange your private tour here!
3. Helicopter Tour of Miami: Even Beyonce would be impressed with this date idea! If your special someone likes to do it up in style, it’s all about the luxury helicopter tour. From 500 feet over the city, you will get a vista that you two will never forget. Oh, and if you are thinking about popping the question, this is the place in Miami to get engaged (hint, hint). Book your luxury helicopter tour online here!
Indulging in Romantic Foodie Dates
Bring together the two greatest loves in your life. We’re talking about that special someone and those five-star Miami foodie delights. If grabbing a burger at a greasy diner is not on the agenda, here are a few romantic experiences that will leave you drooling.
4. The Biltmore Sunday Brunch: While you can have a Michelin quality meal at the Biltmore Hotel every day of the week, there is nothing like the open-air courtyard Sunday brunch here.
5. Take a Cooking Class: Ready to take things to the next level? Why just eat at the Biltmore when you can recreate their masterpieces at home? Find your new signature dish with a Biltmore Culinary Academy cooking class.
6. The Tea Room at Cauley Square: Put on your Sunday best then get to this beautiful spot for afternoon tea. Linger over finger sandwiches, scones, and a seriously impressive menu of teas.
7. Book a Private Chef: Really want to up the anty? How about surprising your special someone with a private chef who has cooked for the likes of the Obamas. Yes, as in Michelle and Barack! Chef Kirk from Be Organic Catering specializes in constructing flavorful vegan and organic Caribbean meals tailored to your preferences. Embark on an intimate multi-course food journey; contact Chef Kirk for your next private soiree.
8. Multicultural Food Tasting Tour: Eat your way from Peru to the Mediterranean and beyond on this impressive Miami food tour. During this three-hour excursion, you’ll get to wander amongst the Art Deco buildings while you learn about the melting pot that is South Beach.
Creative and Unique Date Ideas in Miami
9. Glass Blowing: Why buy each other a gift when you can handcraft a one-of-a-kind piece? Hollywood Hot Glass will bring you through the process step by step, so you will be able to make bowls, glasses, soap dispensers, and more. When it comes to truly unique date ideas in Miami, this is one that you’ve got to do at least once. Who knows? It might become your new couples’ hobby.
10. Build and Fly a Kite with Skyward Kites: Been there, done that? If you’re looking for a creative date idea in Miami, you’ve come to the right place. After all, when was the last time that you two went out to fly a kite? With cool themes like the Mad Hatter Alice in Wonderland, this is a place you’ll never forget.
11. Escape Room Experience: Never done an escape room? This psychological maze is the perfect double-date experience. Book your Escape Room Experience here!
12. World Erotic Art Museum: It’s not all PG-rated recommendations here! For something a bit saucier, bring your BAE to the biggest collection of erotica in the United States. Also known as the WEAM, this cool spot needs to be on every couple’s bucket list.
13. Island Queen Millionaire’s Row Cruise: Ever wonder how the other half lives? Spend an hour and a half taking in the skyline and bay views along those impressive spots the rich and famous call home. Avoid the lines, and purchase your Millionaire’s Row cruise tickets online here!
Romantic Things to Do in Miami: Water Sports Activities
What’s better than getting into the great outdoors and appreciating nature? Here are romantic things to do in Miami for couples who love the open waters. From jetting across the bay to searching for underwater treasures.
14. Hobie Cat Sailing: Learn to set sail, then go out solo on the calm waters of Key Biscayne. Another ‘definitely a Miami bucket list’ experience for any water-loving couple. Book this outdoor Miami adventure here!
15. Jet Ski: Who doesn’t love a jet ski? You don’t have to have your own to get through the sparkling waters at top speed. Rent a jet ski and get out there for a dream view of the Miami skyline.
16. Tubing Experience: Hold on tight and jump into this tube while a speed boat jets across the bay in this quick and intense water ridge. Book your tubing experience online here!
17. Parasailing Biscayne Bay: Sweep ‘em off their feet all over again in this exciting but also quite serene experience. Get 400 feet above the water on this couple’s tour of the bay. While you might find yourself a bit frazzled at first (especially for my fellow adventure lovers who are pretty terrified of heights), you will get an hour up there to settle in and readily appreciate the panoramic tropical view.
18. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park: Take a two-and-a-half-hour glass-bottom boat tour or go snorkeling together for buried treasure. If you prefer a more personalized experience, you can book your private coral reef snorkel tour here.
Don’t forget to pack these essentials for your South Florida outdoor excursions
High Energy: Miami Dates Ideas for Active Couples
Love to get active but looking for something that will let you keep your feet on the ground? I hear you! Here are the top romantic things to do in Miami for couples who like to keep it moving.
19. Sunset Kayaking at Oleta River State Park: Go for a full-moon kayak tour for a date night that is straight out of a rom-com. If you are not lucky enough to be in Miami during the one full moon per month, this is also a dream spot for canoeing, biking, or hiking anytime.
20. Indoor Rock Climbing: The perfect date for any sporty couple, The Edge Rock Gym will be your new favorite place in town. This 14,000 square feet space has climbing facilities that will impress even a seasoned pro.
21. Yoga on the Beach: Get stretched out and ready for your day with yoga at this stunning spot onshore.
22. South Beach Segway Tour: Who wants just to sit and watch the sunset? These days, it’s all about riding down the coastline in style. This fun tour will take you down the shoreline and give you some local tips for the perfect night on the town in Miami. Book your South Beach Segway adventure here!
Paint the Town Burgundy: Date Ideas for Wine Lovers
Fall in love all over again (or for the first time!) while you check out some of these romantic hidden gems in Miami.
23. BarMeli: This Greek Bistro & Wine Bar will transport you to the Mediterranean with incredible wines and a one-of-a-kind menu. Not only is it perfect for wine lovers, but there’s also a good vegan and gluten-free menu. Be sure to get over on Friday or Saturday dinner if you can because the live music atmosphere is exceptional here.
24. Flight Wine & Lounge: Nothing bestills my heart like a cheese and wine pairing from the top-notch Flight Wine Lounge. Before you go, be sure to check out their events calendar too. Their smart workshops will take your love of wine to the next level.
25. Schnebly Redland’s Winery: Welcome to the Southernmost Winery in the US of A. Sip a vintage while you lounge in the lush courtyard and learn about some of the best wines in the country.
26. Lagniappe: With live music every night of the week, this reservations-free spot is a date night fave. Come for the grill and stick around for the vibe.
You might also like: 20 Locally Loved Miami Bars to Visit for Your Next Signature Cocktail
Date Ideas for Music Fans & Culture Vultures
What’s better than dinner and a show? From off-broadway theatre to meet and greets with authors, Miami is a cultural haven.
27. Wallcast Concert at Soundscape Park: Watch a world-class classical music concert on the 7,000-square-foot projection wall. Bring your blanket, a romantic picnic, and get ready for a night that you won’t soon forget.
28. The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: From jazz music to Broadway shows to ballet to pop music; there is always something going on at this arts center.
29. Books & Books: Did you know that this independent bookstore brings in authors for live readings? It’s a perfect way to learn about the new authors and get to know your old favorites on a deeper level. For truly unique date ideas in Miami, check the event calendar for new and exciting authors, and plan an engaging date night out.
Sunset Views: Where to Go for a Romantic Stroll in Miami
All you need is that special someone and a few tips from a local for a dream date. Here are a few (free!) spots that will steal your heart.
30. Miami Beach Boardwalk: If you’re not one for sand in your shoes, try this four-mile boardwalk that parallels the dazzling turquoise shores and vibrant views of the adjacent city.
31. Miami Shores Village Bayfront Park: One of Miami’s best-kept secrets is the stunning sunset from this local hidden treasure.
32. Downtown Miami Bayfront Park: An oasis in the heart of the city, stroll along the shoreline and take in the city and all its glory. You’ll be right next to Bayside Marketplace too, which is packed with restaurants and shopping perfect for a day or evening out.
Romantic Picnic Spots in Miami
Who says you have to go to a romantic restaurant for a special meal? There is nothing better than breaking bread together than feeding the leftovers to the ducks. Check out some of the most serene romantic spots in Miami:
- 33. Barnacle State Park
- 34. Alice C. Wainwright Park
- 35. Matheson Hammock Park
- 36. South Pointe Park: South Pointe Park is a romantic place to watch the sunset and it’s perfect for a low-key outdoor date idea in Miami.
Colorful Adventures for Art Lovers
Mad for Matisse? Dizzy for Dali? If you are an art lover, Miami is your playground. Here are a few of the very best date ideas in Miami for art lovers.
37. Wynwood: This outdoor museum has works from some of the best artists from around the globe. While you can explore it solo, I highly recommend checking out the Wynwood Art District Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy. Hearing about the story behind the art from a local expert will add a layer of meaning and bring the experience to another level. Whether you decide just to stroll around or do the official tour, be sure to have your camera handy!
38. MDPL Historic Art Deco District Walking Tour: This popular tour will bring you around the impressive restaurants, hotels, and other gorgeous spots. Explore the jaw-dropping beauty of the Historic Art Deco District as you learn about the local architectural styles.
39. Explore Miami Art Museums: Forget bar hopping! Take your muse on a tour of the best art galleries and museums in Miami. Start with The Bass, then get over to the Institute of Contemporary Art Miami (ICA). End your perfectly planned day at the Perez Art Museum, where you can rest your feet on the waterfront patio, and chat about art while overlooking Biscayne Bay.
Outdoor Date Ideas: Beautiful Gardens in Miami
What’s better than a few couple selfies in the rose garden? Whether you want to explore a historic mansion or check out some live music, Miami’s gardens are the place to go for truly unique date ideas in Miami.
40. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden: This 83-acre botanical garden has an impressive collection of rare tropical flowers and plants that will take your breath away. Check out their dog date nights or one of their many educational events that cover the whole spectrum from art classes to science workshops.
41. Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: Constructed in 1914, the Italian Renaissance mansion at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an essential visit for any architecture or antique lover. Explore the well-kept garden, then wander through the countless replicas dating back to the fifteenth century, and soak in the opulence of this three-story mansion. Book your Vizcaya museum tickets here!
42. Pinecrest Gardens: This cultural arts park is way more than just a beautiful outdoor space. From plant shows to movies in the park to live music, the event calendar is always packed.
Perfect Date Ideas for Sports Lovers
Want to hit it out of the park on your next date? Here are a few date ideas in Miami sports fans are sure to love.
43. Miniature golfing: Florida is popular for its golf courses and I haven’t forgotten about the mini golfers. Check out Palmetto Mini Golf, All Golf at CB Smith Park, or Topgolf for a fun afternoon out.
46. Roller skating: Bring your roller disco queen to Super Wheels Skating Rink for a cool retro-inspired night out.
47. Bowling: We certainly know down the pins here! You are never far from a bowling aisle. From ultra swanky bars with bowls to classic alleys, you will find them all in Miami. Just check out this rundown of the best of the best Miami bowling alleys.
Fun and Furry: Miami Date Ideas for Animal Lovers
Do all things four-legged make your heart skip a beat? Love getting up close and personal with your furry, scaling, flying, and gliding friends? Here are a few date ideas that are right up your trail!
48. Zoo Miami: The Miami-Dade Zoological Park and Gardens is not just the oldest and biggest zoo in Florida, but it’s also the one and only sub-tropical zoo in the 48 states. Feed the giraffes, watch the meerkats play, and let your inner kid run free. Skip the lines and pick up your Zoo Miami general admission tickets here!
49. Everglades Airboat Ride: No trip to Miami is complete without getting away from it all and exploring the Everglades. Book an airboat ride tour and learn about what makes this area so unique. Be sure to bring your camera to grab a selfie of the two of you feeding a baby alligator.
50. Shark Valley: Bike or hop on the tram through the 14.7-mile path of Everglades National Park’s Shark Valley to see many of the scaly little guys who call this place home.
51. Jungle Island: This eco-adventure theme park is like no other. Go on a speed date with the wide-eyed lemurs, laidback sloths, heart-stealing capybaras, and those rosy-cheeked flamingos. This fun spot will let the two of you feed and interact with the animals of your choice. Buy your Jungle Island tickets here!
Retail Therapy: Couple’s Edition
Browse for a little something special, then walk hand in hand down some of the most beautiful open-air promenades.
52. Española Way: Explore the one-of-a-kind shops, swing by for a yoga class, recharge with al fresco dining, then salsa dance the night away.
53. Lincoln Road: This is one of my fave spots to stroll the city, then be spoiled for choice at all of the local foodie hotspots.
54. City Place Doral: This is just the kind of place where you can show up and see where the day takes you. Do some window shopping, sample a bit of sushi, then have drinks and listen to some music at Cuba Cabana.
55. Giralda Plaza: Get a bit of retail therapy, then refresh with some mouthwatering ceviche.
Romantic Things to do in Miami: Classic Dinner and Movie!
There is a reason why dinner-and-movie never goes out of style. Here are a couple of the most romantic places in town to share a bucket of popcorn.
56. Outdoor movie at Soundscape Park: Not only is this picturesque place a fresh take on the classic movie date but it’s one of the best free things to do in Miami!
57. Drive-in movie: Wow that special someone with old school moves and head down to the drive-in at CarPool Cinema Wynwood or Doral’s Central Park drive-in movie.
Romantic Restaurants in Miami – Where to Eat
There is nothing like these ultra-cozy spots when it comes to the most romantic things to do in Miami for couples.
58. Mandolin Aegean Bistro: A stylish European-inspired eater, this is amongst the coziest places in town to sample homemade Green and classic Turkish recipes.
59. Juvia: This swanky rooftop spot has a unique Frency-Japaneanese-Puervian fusion menu that you won’t find anywhere else. Still, as good as the food is, it is all about that view!
Join a local expert and uncover South Florida’s hidden food gems
Restaurants in Miami with Waterfront Views
You can’t talk about Miami restaurants without making a special mention of the best waterfront spots.
60. Crazy About You: This waterfront restaurant has a diverse menu and an atmosphere that will make for unforgettable dates.
Date Ideas in Miami: Romantic Couples Spa Treatment
61. Enjoy a Romantic Couples Spa Treatment: Did you know that there are Spa Months every summer? You can find discounts on Miami spas and hotels that will save you some serious cash. Best of all, it typically runs from the first of July to the end of August, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for this year’s bargains.
Whirlwind Day Trips from Miami for Couples
Looking for an anniversary plan? Something special to do on your birthday? Forget about racking your brain for the perfect gift. There is no better present than a whirlwind day trip from Miami.
62. Key West: Whoever said it’s about the journey and not the destination has definitely traveled from Miami to Key West. Sign up for the Miami to Key West full-day trip for an excursion you won’t forget.
63. Islamorada: This 65-mile drive will bring you to the sports fishing capital of the world. Not into fishing? Let’s talk about a road trip through the Florida Keys, or cocktails in the sun on a chic private boat.
64. Fort Lauderdale: While it’s close enough to be a suburb of Miami, Fort Lauderdale is an amazing town in its own right. Shop Las Olas Boulevard, have a romantic lunch, and then take the quintessential Fort Lauderdale couple’s trip: a gondola ride down the canals.
65. West Palm Beach: In less than an hour, you can explore the flawless coastline and world-class boutique shopping of this much-coveted zip code. Whether you want golfing, shopping, or just a postcard-perfect view, you’re going to love this coastal town.
66. A day trip to the Bahamas with the Bimini Express Ferry Beach Day Pass is the perfect romantic get-away to have that much-needed alone time, exploring the beaches and indulging in water sports activities. Book your tropical island day trip to Bimini here!
Planning a Romantic Getaway to Miami?
So, lovebirds, of all these romantic things to do in Miami for couples, which are you the most excited about? Once you have your one-of-a-kind date in Miami planned out, share your secret to romance, or your favorite Miami date spot with the rest of us in the comments below.