December in Miami is a great time to visit if you’re looking for a warm winter getaway. Miami has a host of holiday-themed events and Christmas traditions to enjoy this time of year.
In December, the weather conditions in Miami are perfect for outdoor activities, with many of the Christmas and holiday events in Miami being held outdoors.
Enjoy holiday lights, live music, symphonies, and more. Here are the best events for the whole family to enjoy during the Christmas season in Miami!
From a delightful rendition of the Nutcracker to a parade of boats full of lights to Santa and the Grinch, you’ll find it all in Miami. Here are the best events to attend in Miami during December.
- November 4, 2021 – January 2, 2022
- Address: 3100 East 4th Avenue, Hialeah, FL 33013
- Admission: $29.91 for children 3-8 and seniors 65+, $39.25 for ages 9-64
Santa’s Enchanted Forest is a theme park all about Christmas!
This Christmas-themed carnival runs from November – January and is an excellent place for the whole family.
Attractions include kiddie rides, family rides, and thrill rides, but that’s not all. You can also enjoy acrobats, magic, and a variety of different shows!
And the fun doesn’t stop there, either. Other attractions at Santa’s Enchanted Forest include Christmas Karaoke, life-sized holiday displays, an epic light display, and south Florida’s tallest Christmas tree.
- November 12 – January 2, 2022
- Address: 10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami FL 33156
- Admission: $24 – $29 child 10 and under, $29 – $34 adult
Night Garden is a magical light spectacular. Stroll through Fairchild Botanic Gardens at night for a few hours of enchanted activities.
Also, enjoy delicious food and drink while you’re there with some of Miami’s most popular food trucks. This is a can’t miss event if you’re spending December in Miami.
- December 10 – December 30, 2021
- Address: 2200 Liberty Ave, Miami Beach FL 33139
- Admission: From $34 – $145+
Attending George Balanchine’s, The Nutcracker is a classic holiday experience, and a treat to see live and in person.
The Miami City Ballet puts on a spectacular rendition of The Nutcracker with over 100 dancers and a live orchestra. The show runs through mid-December and tickets sell out fast!
- November 26 – December 30, 2021
- Address: 12400 SW 152 St Miami FL 33177
- Admission: $18.95 – $21.95 per child 3-12, $20.95 – $23.95 per adult
Zoo Lights Miami is an excellent activity for the whole family! Experience the magic of the zoo and the holiday season combined.
This Zoo festival features over a million-holiday lights, animal appearances, Santa, arts & crafts, and more!
Zoo Lights Miami has limited capacity and only operates on select weekend nights through late November and December. This event is one of the things to do in Miami for families during the holiday season.
- November 26 – January 6, 2022
- Address: 16701 SW 72nd Ave, Miami FL 33157
- Admission: $7 – $15
The Gilded Age was an era that occurred from the 1870s to the early 1900s. Experience the Holiday splendor illustrating the Old and New World influences of this period at Deering Estates!
This historic holiday display takes place daily from late November to early January.
You’ll experience not only historic sights and sounds but scents of the season as experienced in the Gilded Age, too.
This is a great date idea for December in Miami!
- December 10, 2021 – January 2, 2022
- Address: 11000 Southwest 57th Ave., Pinecrest FL 33156
- Admission: $15 – $20
Pinecrest Garden Nights of Lights is much more than just a holiday light display.
Pinecrest Gardens transforms into a winter wonderland where attendees can view thousands of lights, explore the gardens and holiday maze, eat delicious treats, and enjoy a magical Story Time with Mrs. Claus.
On select evenings, admission includes a concert performance in the historic Banyan Bowl.
- December 1 and December 16, 2021
- Address: 3251 South Miami Ave Miami FL 33129
- Admission: $5 for children 6-13, $10 per adult
If you’re looking for a holiday-themed Miami date idea, you can’t miss the Holiday Evening event at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
The estate becomes illuminated in honor of the holiday season, and guests can experience the estate as if it were the 1920’s.
Take photos with your sweetheart by the Christmas tree and take a romantic stroll through the gardens. Grab food at the on-site cafe and make an evening of it!
- Saturday, December 18, 2021
- Address: 500 17th St, Miami Beach FL 33139
- Admission: $60 – $75
Experience the Sounds of the Season at the New World Symphony Orchestra.
Treat yourself, family, and friends to a holiday symphony that celebrates a variety of cultural heritage!
Enjoy selections from The Nutcracker, The Polar Express, Hanukkah Festival Overture, Navidad Latina, and more.
This special event is one day a year in December, and you don’t want to miss it!
- December 11, 2021
- Address: Las Olas Promenade Park at 300 Las Olas Circle, Fort Lauderdale FL 33316
- Admission: $15 per child 10 & under, $25 per adult
It just isn’t Christmas in South Florida without experiencing the Winterfest Boat Parade.
This annual holiday parade takes place in December and starts in the downtown area of Fort Lauderdale.
The parade features motorized boats of all kinds, from showboats to mega yachts decked out for the holidays in dazzling light displays.
If you’re looking for a truly Floridian holiday experience, don’t miss the Winterfest Boat Parade!
- Address: 4890 SW 216 St, Miami FL 33170
- Admission: $34.99/person
Pinto’s Farm is a family-owned and operated farm that holds events throughout the year, and Winterland is perfect for families.
Head out to the farm with family and friends to experience holiday treats, hot chocolate, Santa Claus, and more! Enjoy the rides and attractions and holiday cheer at Pinto’s Farm.
- Address: 13720 SW 216th St, Miami FL 33170
- Admission: $9 – $13 children 3-12, $11 – $17 adults
If you’re looking for another outdoor activity in Miami, head out to the Winter Farm Festival at the Berry Farm.
Visitors enjoy holiday festivities like photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, nightly outdoor Christmas movies, a barrel train for the kids, hay art, lights, snow, hayrides, music, food, and so much more!
- November 18 – December 24, 2021
- Address: Miracle Marketplace, 3301 Coral Way, Ste 202B Miami FL 33145; CityPlace Doral, 8300 NW 36th St, Ste 150, Doral, FL 33166
- Admission: $49.99 per group
For a grinch-themed holiday experience, check out the Grinch’s Grotto at two local locations (Miracle Marketplace and CityPlace Doral).
Instead of taking pictures with Santa, get your holiday photo with the Grinch!
The Grinch’s Grotto is a true Grinch-Themed experience where visitors enter into the Grinch’s cave, get photos taken by a professional photographer, and browse Grinch and Dr. Seuss merchandise.
- November 6 – December 24, 2021
- Address: Local Bass Pro Shops
- Admission: Free
Bass Pros Shops holds Santa’s Wonderland, a holiday-themed event where kids can get a free photo with Santa and families can tailgate and watch a festive parade.
During your visit, you can mail your letter to Santa, attend Santa’s toy shop, and more.
Reservations are required for the photos.
- Address: 701 S Miami Ave, Miami FL 33131
- Admission: Free
At Brickell City Centre, you can experience Santa, surprises, and even a secret speakeasy!
Visit Santa’s Post office to get complimentary photos with Santa on the Garden Deck at Brickell City Centre.
While you’re there, get some Christmas shopping done, dine on sushi, steak, or vegan eats, and more!
- Address: 114 SW N River Drive, Miami FL 33130
- Admission: Free to attend
The Wharf Riverside Holiday Village features over 500,000 lights, oversized decorations, holiday-themed cocktails, and more.
Stroll the riverfront with cozy, holiday-themed beverages and get into the holiday spirit! You can also enjoy live music, delicious food, and more.
New Year’s Eve at Bayfront Park
- Address: 301 N Biscayne Blvd, Miami FL 33132
- Admission: Free
Wondering where to spend New Year’s Eve in Miami?
Bayfront Park has a free New Year’s Eve celebration! Ring in the new year at the largest dance party in Miami. Enjoy fireworks, a countdown to midnight with the big orange, and much more. This massive street party runs from around 8 pm to 12:30 am.
Where to See Christmas Lights in Miami
In addition to the incredible holiday light displays at many of the festivals and events taking place during December in Miami, head to these places and neighborhoods for more dazzling displays.
- Gulf Stream Park’s Symphony of Lights at 901 South Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
- Light Up CityPlace at 8300 NW 36th St, Doral FL 33166
- Shops at Merrick Park Holiday Lights at 358 San Lorenzo Ave #2140, Coral Gables, FL 33146
- Lincoln Road Mall Christmas Tree Lights on Lincoln Road, Miami, FL 33139
- Coral Gables Holiday Park, Across from City Hall at 405 Biltmore Way, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Brickell City Centre at 701 S Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33131
- The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) Plaza Christmas Lights at 770 NE 25th St, Miami, FL 33161
- Enchanted Place Neighborhood of North Miami at 1600 NE 137th Terrace, Miami, FL 33181
Where to Get Pictures with Santa in Miami
In addition to some of the events mentioned here, head out to these locations to get photos with Santa in Miami.
- Dolphin Mall at 11401 NW 12th St, Miami, FL 33172
- Aventura Mall at 19501 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura, FL 33180
- Dadeland Mall at 7535 N Kendall Drive, Miami, FL 33156
- PetSmart offering a free photo of your pet with Santa at select locations
December in Miami is an Exciting Time
If you’re planning to spend the Christmas season in Miami, you’re in for an exciting time. Enjoy the balmy Miami weather and all the sights, sounds, and smells of the holiday season. You’ll never be bored with the number of holiday activities to do and see throughout the entire city all month long!
There are activities that are perfect for a romantic evening with that special someone, and plenty of festivals and events fun for kids and the whole family. December in Miami is a magical time!