Do you have a trip to Miami and looking for the best places to stay in Miami? The Magic City is full of culture, exquisite dining, world-class shopping, art, and on top of that, Miami is full of unique places to stay, too!
Whether you’re looking for an upscale luxury experience complete with a spa and fine dining, or a laid-back, quiet neighborhood vibe, you’ll find it here. Looking for budget-friendly accommodations or cheap shared dorms in Miami? We’ve got that here, too!
This list pulls together over 20 of the best places to stay in Miami, no matter your travel style or budget. Let’s get started by looking at the best neighborhoods in Miami for your desired vibe or travel style.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure policy for more information.
Miami Neighborhoods: Best Areas to Stay in Miami
If you’re wondering where to stay in Miami, have a look at these areas! These neighborhoods in Miami have something different that will appeal to everyone.
If there’s one place visitors associate most with Miami, that’d be South Beach. An entertaining place to hang out day and night, South Beach is full of restaurants, hotels, and nightclubs and is known for its beaches and famous Art Deco District.
If you’re looking for nightlife or a whirlwind of adventures, you’ll love staying in South Beach.
Insider Tip: South Beach is by far the most popular choice; however, choosing to stay a little further north into Miami Beach, or inland neighborhoods such as Coconut can offer nice options at more budget-friendly prices.
If you’re an art lover, you’ll love staying in the bustling Wynwood, Miami neighborhood. Wynwood is known for its outdoor murals and private art collections, with sprawling murals covering the former abandoned warehouses throughout the area.
Consider Wynwood the street art walking tour or the Wynwood street art by golf buggy tour to fully immerse yourself. Explore the underground graffiti world of local artists, get tips on hidden restaurants, craft breweries, and which galleries are the best for you to visit.
However, if you want a more quiet and laid-back experience, Coconut Grove might be more your style.
With a low-key bohemian vibe just southwest of downtown Miami, the laid-back Coconut Grove neighborhood is full of green spaces, water activities, outdoor activities, outdoor dining, and even an outdoor mall.
The Little Havana neighborhood is a great place to stay if you’re looking to experience Latin and Cuban culture. In Little Havana, you’ll enjoy Cuban food, live music, galleries, and more!
If you’re a foodie, you’ll love this Little Havana Food Tour.
If you’re visiting Miami on a budget, consider North Beach. This area is about 30 minutes from the city center, but it’s a great place for budget-conscious travelers, families, couples, and everyone in-between.
You can enjoy shopping, restaurants, and proximity to the hustle and bustle of the city while staying in North Beach.
Where to Stay in Miami for Nightlife: South Beach
If you want to experience the epic nightlife Miami is known for, check out these hotels in South Beach. These hotels are close to many Miami bars, restaurants, shopping, and all South Beach offers.
- The Setai, Miami Beach ($$$): The Setai hotel in Miami Beach features award-winning Asian-inspired guest suites with world-class amenities. Recover from a night out at the spa, enjoy authentic Asian heritage dishes while dining at Jaya, and enjoy your South Beach vacation in luxury and style. Check prices and availability here.
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel ($$): This South Beach hotel is calling your name if you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind beachfront hotel experience. With a stunning interior and exterior design and ocean views, this hotel is the perfect place to rest and recover while experiencing the nightlife in South Beach. Check prices and availability here.
- Cavalier South Beach Hotel ($): If you’re looking for more budget-friendly accommodation in South Beach, the Cavalier is a perfect choice. This hotel is a prime getaway on Ocean Drive that is truly at the center of it all! Enjoy unique, vintage vibes and Latin-inspired dining while relishing the breeze off the Atlantic Ocean at The Cavalier. Check prices and availability here.
Where to Stay in Miami for Business or Sightseeing: Downtown Miami & Brickell
If you’re in Miami for business or sightseeing, downtown Miami is the best place for you! And if you’re wondering where to stay in Downtown Miami, have a look at these best downtown Miami hotels.
- Mandarin Oriental Miami ($$$): If you’re looking for luxury in Brickell or Downtown Miami, Mandarin Oriental is your spot. Mandarin Oriental is a unique resort on the three-acre island of Brickell Key. Enjoy sea breezes and everything this five-star hotel and spa has to offer, including walking to shopping, dining, and nightlife in Miami. Check prices and availability here.
- The Gabriel Miami Downtown ($$): Hilton’s Gabriel is a bay-front Downtown Miami hotel with a sleek modern vibe — perfect if you’re in town on business. Each room is decked out with innovative tech, and there’s a meeting room, creative workspaces, spa services, dining, and so much more. Check prices and availability here.
- Novotel Miami Brickell ($$): For spectacular views, a gorgeous rooftop pool, and affordable room rates, consider a stay at the Novotel Miami Brickell.
- Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown ($): If you’re looking for the best place to stay in Downtown Miami on a budget, you can’t go wrong with the Downtown Miami Holiday Inn. The cozy and comfortable rooms come with everything you need for your sightseeing home base — and a desk if you’re in Miami for business. You’ll enjoy great amenities and proximity to everything Downtown Miami has to offer. Check prices and availability here.
Best Miami Beach Hotels for LGBTQ+
Miami Beach is well known as one of the best places for LGBTQ+ nightlife, businesses, and more. Whether you’re with your lover or friends, or even looking to find new friends, here are just a few of the best LGBTQ+ friendly hotels in Miami Beach.
- Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel: ($$): This beachfront hotel is the perfect place to stay in South Beach. Enjoy shopping and dining right out the front door, and beautiful Art Deco vibes throughout this lovely hotel. Check prices and availability here.
- Hotel Victor South Beach ($$): Hotel Victor, located right on Ocean Drive across from the popular 12th Street Beach is an excellent hotel for an LGBTQ+ Miami vacation. The rooms have ocean or city views and are just steps away from all that South Beach has to offer. Check prices and availability here.
- The Standard Miami ($$): The Standard Hotel and Spa in Miami Beach is an LGBTQ+ welcoming hotel step away from the heart of it all. The guest rooms have private terraces, and many have outdoor soaking tubs. Guests can enjoy facials, massages, astrology readings, and more! Check prices and availability here.
Miami & Miami Beach Hostels
A hostel is also a great choice to get a quick night’s sleep after spending a day in South Beach.
Hostels are fun, inexpensive places to stay for the budget and adventure-friendly traveler. At a hostel, you can rent a bed in a shared room or a private room with a shared bathroom for accommodations at a discount.
Here are some of the best hostels in Miami Beach!
- Generator Miami ($): Generator Miami tops the list as the best hostel in Miami Beach. This hostel is just 100 feet from the beach and offers a variety of room and stay types, from private rooms to dorms, and there are female-only dorms, too. Check prices and availability here.
- Freehand Miami ($): The Freehand Miami hostel is a modern hostel with a hip vibe, perfect for creatives. You can stay in a mixed dorm, female-only dorm, or private room at this hostel. Attached to the Freehand is the Broken Shaker, which also happens to be one of Miami’s coolest cocktail bars, popular with locals and visitors alike. Check prices and availability here.
- Selina Gold Dust ($): Selina Gold Dust is an Upper East Side Miami hostel in a former 50’s motor hotel. Selina Gold Dust features private rooms and shared dorm rooms with shared kitchen areas, too. This hostel is also pet-friendly! Check prices and availability here.
Where to Stay in Miami for Families: Coconut Grove
Here on a family vacation and for family-friendly activities? Then Coconut Grove is the place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and really spend quality time with your kids.
- Mr. C Miami Coconut Grove ($$$): With its modern European glamour surrounded by Biscayne Bay and the Coconut Grove skyline, Mr. C Coconut Grove is amongst the best luxury places to stay in Miami. This hotel offers all the amenities of home so you can fully relax and enjoy your Miami vacation while lounging by the rooftop pool. Check prices and availability here.
- Mayfair House Hotel & Garden ($$$): This luxury boutique hotel is one of the most sought-after hotels in Miami. It offers on-site gourmet dining and a rooftop pool. Combine this with its convenient location, and you will feel like you are in a little piece of Miami heaven.
- Hotel Arya Coconut Grove ($$): If you’re looking for a breathtaking panoramic view of Biscayne Bay, Hotel Arya is one of the best places to stay in Miami. They have affordable accommodation with top-notch services and amenities, an excellent choice for a relaxing Miami stay. Check prices and availability here.
Where to Stay in Miami Beach for Couples: Mid-Beach
Reignite the romance between you and your special someone in Mid Beach, a romantic Miami hot spot that offers the best of South Beach’s coolness and North Beach’s calmness.
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach ($$$): Wanting to splurge on your romantic Miami getaway? Fontainebleau Miami Beach is definitely for you, especially if you’re looking for a high-end travel experience. Treat yourselves to the spa and enjoy the beautiful oceanfront view, luxury rooms, and amenities the hotel offers. Check prices and availability here.
- Palihouse Miami Beach ($$): If you’re looking for a place to “hide,” then this chic bolt-hole hotel in Miami Beach is a perfect home base for local exploration during your romantic Miami vacation. It has retro-style rooms, a sleek outdoor pool, and a beach service you both can indulge in. Check prices and availability here.
Where to Stay in Miami Before a Cruise: Best Hotels Near Port of Miami
In Miami for a cruise? Here are the best hotels near Port of Miami (PortMiami) for a quick overnight or two before or after your cruise!
- JW Marriott Miami ($$$)
- InterContinental Miami ($$$)
- YVE Hotel Miami ($$)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay ($$)
- Courtyard Miami Downtown Brickell Area ($$)
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami/ Brickell Downtown ($$)
Hotels Near Miami International Airport
Here are some top picks for you if you need a quick place to stay close to the Miami International Airport.
- Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon
- Staybridge Suites Miami Doral
- Pullman Miami Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Miami Airport
Things to Do in Miami
Now that you know the best places to stay in Miami, it’s time to build your itinerary! There are plenty of great things to do in Miami, from adventurous outdoor activities to tours, shopping, and much more. We put together the ultimate list of 101 things to do in Miami here.
And don’t forget your Miami packing list, including beach essentials!
It’s vital to schedule downtime during your trip to Miami, and there’s no better place for relaxing than spending a day at one of Miami’s beaches.
If you’re looking for Miami date ideas, we’ve got 65+ for you here!
Whether you’re spending just a day in town or a week or longer, there’s plenty to do in Miami to keep you busy and inspired. Here are 50+ free things to do in Miami to get started!
Best Places to Stay in Miami: No Matter Your Travel Style, there’s a Great Place for You in Miami
With a wide range of accommodations available, where you stay in Miami has everything to do with your budget and itinerary.
There are hundreds and hundreds of hotels in Miami, and we’ve hand-picked out just a few of the very best here.
Whether you’re looking for a beach vacation, an art-filled vacation, or you’re just in town on business, The Magic City welcomes you with open arms… and so will any of these hotels and hostels!